RE: ERROR: MAPI Logon Failed: 3

From: Shmaya, Ziv

Date: 5 Mar 2003

Hello,
I solve the problem just now.
sendmail.exe need a declared outlook client on the machine from which you
run it, and the defult profile of the outlook client need to be the user
that you use with the sendmail.
that is: if your command of the send mail is "sendmail -u ziv -p 1234 ....."
than your default profile on the outlook client need to be ziv.
on outlook you check it by right click on the outlook icon, choose
properties and then the 'show profiles...' button. at the opened window you
need to see the default profile under the "When starting Microsoft Outlook,
use this profile:".
if you don't see it there you need to add it.
if under the "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile:" is not the
same user as you use with the sendmail.exe then you will get the "MAPI Logon
Failed: 3 " error.

Thanks
Ziv